※This policy is effective October 1, 2022.
Scope of collection of personal information
The company collects a minimum of personal information so users can conveniently use the service through membership registration.
If the users want to use the service, they must enter the necessary personal information, and the company allows users to access all services though they do not enter the optional items.
1) Service use: e-mail or mobile phone number
Consent to the collection of personal information
- ① The company collects personal information for the following purposes.
- ID, password, name
- Email address, mobile phone number (used to secure a smooth communication path such as handling complaints and providing patch/event information)
- Other optional information (used to use data to provide personalized service)
- ② However, sensitive personal information that may infringe upon users' fundamental human rights (race and ethnicity, ideology and creed, place of birth and domicile, political orientation and criminal record, health status, and sex life, etc.) is not collected.
Non-Purpose Use and Provision and Sharing to Third Parties
① The company uses users’ personal information within the range notified in 「Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information」 and does not use it beyond this range or provide it to others or other companies. In particular, the company will operate and provide personal information with care in the following cases.
Consignment processing: In case of consignment processing of users’ personal information for smooth business processing, the company will ensure to provide detailed information on the name of the consigned processing company, the scope of the consigned personal data, the purpose of the consignment, the consignment processing process, and the period of maintaining the consignment relationship in advance.
- Sales/mergers and acquisitions, etc.: If the rights and obligations of the service provider are ultimately succeeded/transferred, the justifiable reasons and procedures will be notified in advance, and the users’ option to withdraw consent to personal information will be given.
② The notice and consent method are notified at least ten days in advance through the message on the initial screen of the online homepage and individually told at least once through e-mail, etc.
③ The following are exceptions.
- When there is a request from a related agency for investigation purposes according to associated laws
- When providing to advertisers/partners or research organizations in a form that cannot identify specific individuals for statistical preparation/academic research or market research
- When there is a request by the procedures stipulated in other related laws
- However, even in exceptional cases, when information is provided by related laws or at the request of an investigation agency, the company, in principle, notifies the parties of this.
Notification may not be unavoidable due to legal grounds. We will do our best not to provide information indiscriminately against the original purpose of collection and use.
Period of retention and use of personal information
① Your data will be destroyed when the purpose of collecting or providing personal information is achieved as follows. However, suppose it is necessary to retain it for a certain period for reasons such as confirmation of the relationship of rights and obligations related to transactions as followed by the provisions of relevant laws such as the Commercial Act. In that case, the information is retained for a certain period.
- Records on contract or subscription withdrawal: 5 years
- Records on payment and supply of goods: 5 years
- Records on consumer complaints or dispute resolution: 3 years
② If you request to view the transaction information held with your consent, the company will take measures so that it can be viewed/confirmed without delay.
Technical and administrative measures to protect personal information
- ① Technical measures
In handling your personal information, the company takes the following technical measures to ensure safety so that personal data is not lost, stolen, leaked, altered, or damaged.
- Your personal information is protected, and necessary data is protected through a separate security function by encrypting files and transmission data or using the file lock function.
- The company employs a security device (SSL or SET) that can safely transmit personal information on the network using a cryptographic algorithm.
- In preparation for external intrusions such as hacking, each server is fully secure using intrusion prevention and vulnerability analysis systems.
- ② Administrative measures
The company limits access to your personal information to a minimum number of people. Those who fall under the minimum number of people are as follows.
- 1)A person who performs marketing tasks directly with users
- 2)A person in charge of personal information management and persons who perform individual information management tasks
- 3)Persons who need to handle personal information for other business purposes
- Regular in-house and outsourced training is provided for employees who handle personal information on acquiring new security technologies and obligations to protect personal information.
- Internal procedures are in place to prevent human information leakage through the security pledge of all employees when joining the company and to audit the implementation of the personal information protection policy and the employees' compliance.
- Handover of personal information-related handlers is carried out thoroughly with security maintained, and responsibility for personal information accidents after joining and leaving the company is clarified.
- Personal information and general data are not mixed and are kept separately through a separate server.
- Computer and data storage rooms are protection areas to control access.
- The company is not responsible for the user's mistakes or incidents due to primary Internet risks.
- If personal information is lost, leaked, altered, or damaged due to an internal manager's mistake or an accident in technical management, the company will immediately notify users and take appropriate measures and compensation.
- ① The company values users’ posts and does its best to protect them from falsification, damage, or deletion. However, this is not the case in the following claims.
- spam posts (e.g., lucky letters, 800 million emails, advertisements on specific sites, etc.)
- Posts that damage the reputation of others by disseminating false information to slander others
- Disclosure of another person's identity without consent, content that infringes rights such as copyrights of third parties, and postings with content that is different from the bulletin board topics
- when other people's personal information is revealed without consent, the company may delete a specific part or modify it with a symbol and post it to activate a desirable bulletin board culture.
- ② All rights and responsibilities related to posting rest with the individual writer. In addition, information that is voluntarily disclosed through postings is challenging to protect, so please consider carefully before disclosing information.
Consignment processing of personal information
① PK Valve may entrust personal information collection/handling/management to an external party for service improvement.
- When entrusting the processing of personal information, we will notify you in advance through the website of the consigned institution and the fact.
- In the case of entrusting the processing of personal information, through the consignment contract, the company will stipulate the service provider's observance of personal information protection-related instructions, the confidentiality of personal data, prohibition of provision to third parties, responsibility in case of an accident, consignment period, and the return or destruction of personal information after processing. The company will keep the contents of the consignment contract of the year in writing or electronically.
User rights and obligations
- ① Please input your accurate, latest information to prevent accidents when using the service. Users are responsible for accidents caused by inaccurate information entered by themselves.
- ② In addition to the right to have your personal information protected, you must protect yourself and not infringe on the information of others. Be careful not to leak your personal information, including your password, and not damage other people's personal information, including postings. If you fail to fulfill this responsibility and damage the information and dignity of others, you may be punished according to the 「Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, Etc.」.
Collecting opinions and handling complaints
- ① We value your opinions, and you have the right to receive sincere answers to questions at all times.
- ② The company operates a customer center for smooth communication with you, and the contact information is as follows.
- 【 Service center 】
- Phone number: 055-268-3719
- Fax number: 055-286-0281, 055-286-4447
- Address: 80, Gongdan-ro, Seongsan-gu, Changwon city, Gyeongsangnam-do
- ③ Telephone consultation is available from 9 am to 5 pm on weekdays.
- ④ Counseling by e-mail, fax, or mail will be answered sincerely within 24 hours after receipt. However, in principle, it is processed the next day after working hours or on weekends and holidays.